The Economics Department policy is that students may apply to get credit ONLY if the internship provider requires it, if the student needs credit to fulfill international visa requirements, or if the student's source of funding requires the student to receive credit. Furthermore, students who take the Econ 199R course may only earn 0.5 credit hours.
***University Administration has indicated that no university funding may be used for international internships for spring or summer 2021 terms. Thus, we are unable to offer credit for these opportunities. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause you.
IF you fit the requirements above, please contact the Economics Department's internship coordinator, Jenna Palacios (firstname.lastname@example.org) and complete the instructions below to enroll in the course:
1. Visit the BYU Internship Office page. Read through the Getting Internship Credit and Frequently Asked Questions pages.
2. Fill out the Internship Application under the Students tab. A completed application will notify the internship coordinator, which begins the process of registering for the Econ 199R internship course.
- If you are an international student, there is additional paperwork you must submit to the International Student Services Office. Contact their office to be sure you have all the paperwork submitted
4. Economics internships will only be 0.5 credit hours. You can register for Econ 199R once per academic semester or term. Please note that this credit does not apply toward the major but will apply as university credit.
5. After you have received approval from the internship coordinator and the internship office, you can register for the course.
Complete the Student Registration Form through the Kennedy Center. Contact email@example.com with questions.