You may be trying to access this site from a secured browser on the server. Please enable scripts and reload this page.
Turn on more accessible mode
Turn off more accessible mode
Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Turn off Animations
Turn on Animations
Suggested Sequence of Courses
After completing Econ 110 and the prerequisites for calculus*,
follow one of the suggested course sequences:
*Note, Math 116 and Math 118 do not substitute for Math 112.
Hints & Tips
1. Take 378/388 and 380/382 in consecutive semesters. This will minimize the trauma of forgetting important material for the next course.
2. Complete the 300-level courses as soon as possible. Understanding of field courses will be enhanced if you have a firm understanding of these fundamental concepts.
3. Watch out for prerequisites. Many professors require 378, 380, 381, 382 and sometimes 388 for their 400-level courses.
4. Don't procastinate. If you take at least two economics courses every semester, you will have no trouble graduating on time. Schedule accordingly.
5. Remember that you will not get credit for field courses that you take both at the 200 & 400-level. Plan ahead to keep your options open.
6. If you have already completed Math 112, begin in the second semester of the "5 Semester Suggested Sequence," taking an additional elective in the third semester.
7. ManEc courses do not apply to the major.